Life After Executive Directorship
I'm excited to be offering a workshop in partnership with Peel Leadership Centre (PLC) specifically designed for Executive Directors of non-profits helping them plan a successful future for themselves and their organizations.
There are so many questions I had when I was Executive Director at Unity Charity but had no opportunities to truly reflect upon...
“Who could step into my shoes without disrupting the organization once I transition from my current role?” “What comes after Executive Directorship?” “When is a good transition time for me and my organization?” “Where do I go from here?” “Why is it so difficult to identify a career path beyond Executive Directorship?” “How do I even start a constructive conversation about my future and with whom?”
This half-day workshop on Wednesday, November 28th, is designed specifically for experienced nonprofit Executive Directors, Founders and CEOs, wanting to start exploring the transition process and its implications for both, you and your organization.
Click HERE to register.
Life After Executive Directorship will introduce you to conversations on how best to design a successful transition and see your organization thrive after working as a long time Executive Director, Founder or CEO. It may feel impossible, but others have done it! There is a common thread between those who have gone through this experience, and this workshop, that I'll be facilitating, will help seasoned EDs/CEOs connect with one another and explore different possibilities.
This one-of-a-kind workshop experience is designed to empower long-time leaders to feel a sense of control in planning a successful future for themselves and their organizations. You will learn best practices, reflect, and hear from peers who have made a similar leap successfully. You will also have the opportunity to hear from others who are working in the field of executive transitions and can help you see a future beyond your current role. Even if you’re not planning to leave your organization now, this workshop is made for all long-time Executive Directors and CEOs who have been thinking about succession/transition and its impact on themselves and their organizations.
Workshop Details: When: Wednesday, Nov 28th, 2018 - 8:45am to 1:30pm Where: Centre for Health & Safety Innovation (CHSI) 5110 Creekbank Road, Mississauga - Training Room 3 Who: Executive Directors, CEOs, and Founders who have been in their current executive leadership role a minimum of 5 years Cost: $30 for leaders outside the Region of Peel. Free for leaders in the Region of Peel (cost includes breakfast AND lunch :)
Click HERE to register. Please share this link with any EDs you think may be interested! :)
Thank you for your EPIC support! : )
Building a business is tough and scary.
Since I launched my consulting, coaching and speaking business "EPIC" at the end of June I can't express how thankful I am to have been able to work with SO many incredible people. I truly believe we can change the world together. Thank you for believing in me.
1) Are you looking to beef up your non-profit board? Click here to register for Capacity Canada's Board Governance Bootcamp. Excited to be giving the keynote on "Break-Dancing, Mental Health and Boards"!
2) Town of Ajax growing their grassroots! Special shout out to the Town of Ajax for your visionary approach to non-profit capacity building! On October 23rd I ran a full day workshop for non-profits and social purpose organizations in the Town of Ajax on how to grow and build resilient organizations from the ground up. Some concrete and exciting learnings emerged over the day within the group. It was a truly great experience to hear of the amazing projects on the frontline in Ajax.
3) Are you looking to develop a mental health strategy for your workplace? Let's talk! On Oct 10th I ran a full day course at University of Toronto as part of the Department of Continuing Studies on the topic of Creating a Workplace Culture of Mental Health. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive from participants which included corporations, non-profits and government agencies. If you're looking to develop a mental health strategy for your workplace drop me an email and let's talk!
4) More EPIC non-profit meet up events coming very soon! Stay tuned! :)
5) FREE RESOURCES: If you are looking for free non-profit resources join my facebook group here: EPIC Free Non-Profit Resource Pool (already over 700 members from 99 cities and 28 countries)
peace and hugs,
- Mikey "Piecez" Prosserman Disruptor x Innovator x Bboy www.piecez.ca